The best investment CORK
So, you’ve just purchased, or are thinking about purchasing, your first cork accessory. Congratulations, cork is one of the best animal friendly and eco-friendly fabrics out there.
Cork is extremly light
This is one of the biggest advantages of cork and of our products, as no one wants to carry a laptop bag that weighs more than the laptop itself. With over 50% of its volume being air, no wonder cork is so light!
Cork is water resistant
Cork bags, handbags, and sleeves are perfect to keep your favorite devices safe and sound – even in the most adverse weather conditions. Water resistance is cork’s best-kept secret: cork ages without deteriorating mainly due to its resistance to moisture. The suberin layer (a waterproof, waxy substance) present in the cell walls, makes cork virtually impermeable to liquids and gasses.
Cork is wear and tear resistant
Cork wallets are very sturdy and will last you a lifetime, even if you carry them daily in your jeans’ pocket. Other cork accessories are just as resistant. Thanks to its honeycomb structure, cork is highly abrasion resistant and has a high friction coefficient. That’s why cork is a go-to material, even for NASA.
Cork is soft and unique
The softness of cork fabric is a lovely characteristic. Also, each product is as unique as a fingerprint, as there are no two equal pieces of cork.
If your priority is quality, and you’re wondering how your cork products will age and behave through the years, know this: the quality and suppleness of cork fabric products can only be compared to that of leather goods.
But, unlike leather, cork fabric is 100% natural and free from animal products, water repellent, stain resistant and scratchproof. Another advantage of cork fabric over leather is that it’s very low maintenance. To keep your vegan cork accessories in good shape, all you need to do is clean them with water and soap. That’s it! You’re good to go.
Of course your new cork accessories will age – like everything under the sun. But they will do so in a nicely kept manner, lasting you for years to come, with added character.
The ecological marvel CORK
- A friend for life
- Cork is an ecological marvel
- The cork industry is a give – give partnership
- Cork is ‘next level’ sustainability
- Cork is very versatile in use
- Cork production is fair from start to finish, throughout the entire process from harvesting to processing to selling.
CORK industry is a give give principal
- The cork tree only thrives throughout the passion and skills of his caregivers.
- Cork trees are peeled manually. To date, there is no single machine that can take over this meticulous process. It requires an unseen craftsmanship and years of experience. It is a skilled craft passed down from generation to generation.
- The cork farmers love their trees and call them with pride ‘friends for life‘. If handled with the right care, the cork oak trees will be giving resources for a lifetime.
- The cork farmers are the highest paid workers in Europe. Their work is of such national and environmental importance that they are well insured and supplied at all levels.
- The cork farmers are one of the highest paid workers in Europe. Their work is of such great national and ecological importance that they are well assured and well provided at all levels.
Cork takes sustainability just one step further
- The cork tree is a friend for life.
- No tree is cut or damaged
- Cork is harvested from the bark of the cork trees.
- It’s an inexhaustible renewable resource. After peeling the bark, the bark will fully regenerate and grow back. This process takes an average of 8 years.
- In order to renew his bark, the cork tree will store C02 in large quantities. This allows the tree to absorb 3 to 5 times more CO2 and convert it into much needed oxygen.
- The total C02 absorption capacity of the cork forests is estimated at 10 to 12 million tonnes per year.
- A unique, sustainable cooperation and balance between man and nature.
CORK FOREST are the European rain forests
- The cork forests provide an unseen and unique ecosystem with an enormous biodiversity.
- Cork trees ensure the preservation of the fragile soil and the retention of precious and scarce groundwater.
- Without cork trees, the landscape would rapidly change in desert ground. Dry, arid and impossible to grow anything. These pieces of land would become uninhabitable for people and animals would flock. The local fauna and flora would soon disappear to never return.
- Cork forests support the largest biodiversity in Europe and create an ancient and precious landscape, but also protect many endangered species of wildlife.